Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Creativity Must Evolve Along With Technology




In one of the weddings I recently attended, the audio-visual presentation was not the typical prenup videos we often see in weddings. This time, they incorporated a story in the video and it looked like an indie film particularly. It’s not that unique in the sense that they are the ones who did it first, but it is not often done on such occasions.

My point in this situation is that it is refreshing to see them put their creativity to the next level. As the technology evolves, we have new media tools that we can use to our advantage and to become more creative with our work. We now have drones, which I see many photographers also use to take aerial shots and video footages that add creativity into their output. Media has also made it possible for the photographers and videographers to make same-day edits to their coverage, which they can present to the guests of the newlyweds during the reception.


I would also like to venture into that kind of work and I hope to learn those skills as I take my MMA course. But I’m still in my first semester so I think that would take time. In any way, there is an opportunity to learn and exercise creativity. Hope we can catch up with how fast media technology changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment